1. Firstly drain the coconut water. Hold firmly the coconut on a non-slippery surface (or over a tea towel) and insert a corkscrew in the softest hole. Alternatively use a thick nail and hammer or a driller. Pour the coconut water into a glass.
2. Place the coconut in the freezer for 20 minutes. This will help you detach the fruit from its shell.
3. Wrap the coconut tightly in a freezer bag. Put it over a concrete floor or in a non-breakable surface and using a hammer hit it very strongly to open up.
4. Put the coconut on top of a kitchen towel so it does not slide. Using a round knife or a spoon carefully run the knife between the hard shell and fruit lifting it and inserting like a lever to slowly detach the fruit from the hard shell.
5. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the skin off.
6. Grate the coconut in the food processor or using a grater. Shave the coconut using a vegetable peeler.
Obs: Coconut can be frozen for up to 6 months.
Yields about: 320g of fresh coconut